Timer Job Status FAILED

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:10 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM

First of all THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  We have been searching high and low for a FREE solution like this, and we REALLY appreciate you taking the time to put this together!!!  Can't wait for version 2!!! :D

Unfortunately, we've hit a snag getting this installed and working.  After installing and deploying the solution, we can't figure out what to do next.  We are using WSS 3.0, so can't use the included batch files to install.  Then we found 'Task List Email Reminders' under 'Manage Web Application Features' in Central Admin, and Activated.  Finally, on the task list we went to 'Settings>Reminder Settings' and ticket the box - but when clicking OK we get an error 'File Not Found'.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks again, and happy holidays!

][Q][

P.S. - I modified my original post because I realized I'm an idiot and was looking at a timer job from a different solution that didn't work for us, and then we found the item under 'Manage Web Application Features'.  Please forgive my ignorance...

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

After looking a bit closer, it looks like the feature may be activated for the desired Task List because now when I go to 'Reminder Settings' the box is already checked, but I still get the error screen when I click OK - and I don't see Dicks Reminders under 'Timer Job Status'.  It DOES appear under 'Timer Job Definitions' and schedule type is 'Daily' - so maybe it will work at the scheduled time which I assume is 2am as you mentioned in the notes?  I'll play with it a bit more and see what I can figure out - but again, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Also, any chance of adding the option to send an alert for ANY past-due tasks instead of just those that are 2 days past due?  Or maybe have a >X option?  Just a suggestion for the next release...

Thanks again!

][Q][

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:21 PM

OK, this morning I am back on Central Admin and now I do see 'Dicks Reminders' under 'Timer Job Status', and the status is FAILED.  It tried to run @ 2.30am.  I tried running "STSADM -o execadmsvcjobs", but it comes back 'Operation Completed Successfully'.  How can I find out WHY it failed, and any suggestions on how to get it to work?  All of my other timer jobs show 'Successful' and I've verified that the user account running the 'Windows SharePoint Services Timer' service has the necessary access.

I'm also still getting the error 'File not found' when I click OK on the 'Reminder Settings' on any task list.  Not sure if this is related?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
][Q][

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned this is a WSS 3.0 environment.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
][Q][

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:05 AM
Help Me.!!!! I Installed SharePoint 2010 Foundation SPREMAINDERS Solution, This Feature

Activate
I face some Issue ,when I Activate Reminder Settings' and ticket the box - but when clicking OK we get an error 'File Not Found' Came....
I want remove this Solutions- Kindly Send the Command. I remove the solution my site is not working (HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.)
how to work this Feature send any video link